I hope you like what you see on here.

Please feel free to leave comments or even suggestions to give me inspiration. If you have any questions about any of the jewellery you see, or are interested in ordering anything, please e-mail me at

Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

WORK AND 'REST'

This week at work was a strange one. I work on a urology and gynaecology ward, which is generally very busy, but this week, for my 2 days shifts, it was unusually quiet, but the days were good, plenty of time to actually get to know the patients and their needs. The night shifts were quite different altogether, back to being busy busy busy, and of course, with Saturdays leap forward in time to spring, we lost an hour with which to get the work done. It was a heavy couple of nights physically too. I recently moved away from a job in spinal cord injuries, because of a back injury of my own, and this week I ended up nursing a couple of patients with cord injuries, reminding me of the reason  moved away from the job I loved - that job hurts.

But I finished my shifts at 7o'clock this morning, and was thankful for that. I usually stay up and clean the house, then have an early night, but this morning I was so tired, I just quickly brushed the floors, and went to bed for a couple of hours, which turned into 4 hours. When I got up, I did a little bit of Facebook browsing, and ended up buying more beads - wait til you see them, then I asked my wonderful hubby to take me to the craft store, so that I could buy some more for an order I have this week. He duly did this, and I ended up buying a little more than I needed as usual. LOL

So to begin my week off, I have been jotting a few ideas down for jewellery to make this week, starting of course with week 11's bracelet, which is almost done. I just need to hand make a wire link to get a clasp on it.

I have a few other things to do during my this week of 'rest' too; a little bit of studying, perhaps a little bit of painting - that depends on how my back is, a little bit of walking, and a little bit of photography hopefully - I have a DVD to look through, which will hopefully give me some photography tips.

On my last set of days off, I walked 10km around a local lake, and thoroughly enjoyed the walk, so I fully intend to find somewhere to go this week, at least once. Hopefully the weather will hold up and allow this. I might even take my dogs with me.

2 comments: